Sunday, April 04, 2004

Spring Forward, Fall Back. Surprisingly enough DH remembered to reset the clocks last night. Why is that surprising? We had unexpected company not only show up but spend the night. Some friends arrived late yesterday with their three kids and we went over to the beach, caught the glorious sunset and then came back to our house for baked chicken, grilled steaks, party mashed potatoes(the kind made with garlic-sourcream-creamcheese). Lucky for us I had a freezer full of stuff for a change, usually the first of the month we're lucky to have Eggo Waffles and cereal in the house but I've been doing better with my shopping and meal planning and we were able to feed five extra people a pretty nice meal without it costing us the kids' lunch money for this week.

Stitching update:

Didn't accomplish much of anything yesterday since our unplanned visitors gave us about two hours notice and the house was a nightmare. Had to set all my stitching aside and mop and vacuum and figure out what to feed everyone without looking like Kenny's family on South Park and feeding everyone waffles. Yes, I keep referring to waffles but it's one staple I always have in the house. The boys eat them plain for a snack. I figure that has to be better than snack cakes and cookies and they aren't as sweet as cereal, especially when they eat them plain and they're enriched with vitamins. Anyway, I still have a fob to finish, hope to get it completed today, and I've put in a little more work on DS#3's quilt. I'm in the process of connecting the blocks and I have three rows completed. I get tired of sewing pretty quick, it really bores me so I work on it for a while and then go do something else.

Reading:

The Accidental Buddhist by Dinty Moore. Good story of one guy's search for God or spirituality. I'm finding it hard to put down. He's writing about Buddhism from the American point of view of this Eastern religion, or rather, philosophy. I can see how a lot of people can find peace following this path. Honestly I'm in support of any religion, teaching, philosophy that encourages people to be good to each other.

I also have Buddhism for Dummies here too and Eragon. Eragon is due back at the library in three days so I really need to read more on it but it's just not keeping my attention at the moment but I was on the waiting list for it at the library for two months. I feel like it's waste if I don't get it read.

I may check my DMC stash and see if I have the colors needed for Lizzie Kate's Strawberry Scissor Case. It looks like a quick finish, I'd have stitched it already but I'm not sure of the best way to approach it. It doesn't look like holding that little band out to stitch on will be very comfortable. On the plus side it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to stitch.

I'm so sleepy right now. We stayed up late with our company watching True Romance and Pirates of the Carribean, then they planned to leave early this morning so I didn't get a lot of sleep.

I'd love to take a nap but it's so beautiful here, I'd also like to go to the beach for a little while. Decisions, decisions.

No comments: