Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Boy do I hate it when I start obsessing over projects. While reading Doodle-blog I ran across a link to the crochet-a-long for 63 Easy-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches (ed.to fix link) No Affiliation with the site, just wanted to show you all what the design was like. The crochetalong info can be found here:

Yarn Tomato

There's a link to the Crochetville crochetalong on that site.

I love all the different color choices that people are making and now I'm obsessing over all the different color themes I can choose from. The original colors in the leaflet are just not me. I love Melissa's
color choices but also like Annette's as shown in the crochetalong thread over at Crochetville .

I'm leaning toward blues, maybe a dark blue, medium/light blue, ecru or yellow, and maybe throw in a variegated just to spice up the mix. I wouldn't want to use a lot of the variegated because it might hide the pattern of the stitches, but I love those ombres. There's a pretty Red Heart ombre, Monet, that I've been wanting to buy for a while now but couldn't find a project for it. Maybe this would add a little pizzazz to the afghan if I did just a few blocks in that color. Then again I really love Red Heart's Ocean too. Decisions, decisions. I picked up the leaflet last night at Walmart and the recommended crochet hook. I'm hoping to decide on some yarn colors by Friday and I can pick up what I need of that and get started with block one this weekend. I need to officially join the crochet-a-long since I now have the chart in my possession. I'm not the Melissa listed in the forum.

It looks like rain today so I'm hoping to get my fob finished for my swap. I told the recipient I was running a little behind and am hoping to get it in the mail by the end of the week. I also have got get the fabric for my RR. I've been bouncing back and forth between vintage ivory 28ct linen or an antique white 28ct lugana. Either way I have got to buy it this weekend and get the borders around each person's block gridded off and work on my section. I may not get my section finished before the mailing date but hopefully I'll get the majority of it finished so that when it's back home I won't have to do a whole to it before I can get it framed. I have two other RRs I'd love to frame this year too. One is autumn themed and the other is Witches. I need to take some picks of those this weekend and add them to my webshots album. What I really need to do is buy a digital camera. Then I can update my album a lot faster.

No comments: