Wednesday, April 14, 2004

After spending the majority of the day searching high and low for the backing fabric and cording for my fob and not finding it, I finally surrendered a decided I'd just have to buy more tomorrow and pulled out Block #4 Treble Crochet for the 63 Squares CAL. My block turned out about a 1/2 inch larger all around than my other finished blocks. I made a note on the pattern and will probably redo it somewhere along the line unless a few other blocks turn out a little large too. Should make for an interesting afghan. LOL I crocheted the body of the block using Red Heart Country Blue and edged it in Blueberry Pie, also Red Heart



I bought some bright neon sales tags, the ones with the string attached, and am using those to label each block.

This afternoon while trying to catch some rays on the front porch and working on Block 4
one of the neighbor kids came up and asked me what I was doing. I told him that I was crocheting and he said "Oh you're knitting, my mom want's to learn how to knit." I said, "No, I'm crocheting." He sat down next to me and asked me if I'd teach him. I said sure. Off I go to find a spare skein of something, finally grabbed an 8oz skein of Royal blue, a G hook and attempted to teach him how to crochet. I printed out some directions from the internet and sent him home with a skein of yarn, a crochet hook and hopefully instructions that are good enough to help him remember everything I tried to show him today. He came back a few minutes later and asked me if I would write his mom a note so that he could keep the yarn and hook because he was afraid if I didn't she wouldn't let him.

I've determined I'm not a very good teacher. I try really hard to be patient, but I get frustrated when the kids get frustrated.

He asked me if I could teach his mom to knit. I said, "No, I'm trying to teach myself but I seem to spend more time walking across the room to pick up my knitting needles from where they landed when I threw them there in frustration than I do actually knitting."

No comments: