Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Yesterday I worked on my Liberty Sampler designed by Hester's Needle.



I didn't know what I wanted to work on yesterday and saw this sitting on my shelf in it's photobox and decided it was screaming at me the loudest. I didn't want to have to think or count too much yesterday so I worked mostly on the red border around the inside of the piece. I also worked a little on the sail on the right at the top, but mainly stuck to the border. I have to do borders when I feel like it. 99% of the time I find border stitching boring but yesterday it was relaxing. I needed the repetition.

I had started out the day working on my single crochet black and gemstone afghan, but I managed to pull out a bad skein of Red Heart Black, one of those where both end threads are in the center of the skein and they keep knotting up on each other. I hate that. I'm too lazy to rewind the skein so I'll crochet when I'm ready to deal with that every few stitches.

Yesterday while stitching I watched 21 Grams. I can't decide whether I liked it or not. I can't decide whether or not it was this profound look at the way one accident, one stupid choice, can change the lives of several people or if it was just trying too hard to be that kind of film. I didn't care for the way the story was told. They told it backwards and it took me a few minutes to put the pieces together and realize what was going on. I also watched Emma with Gywneth Paltrow for the first time. Pretty good movie. But can one really go wrong with Jane Austen? Then last night when the boys should have been in bed, we all laid around in the living room watching Mars Attacks! Now I love that movie!


I have to go to work today and I don't want to. I know I'll be glad I'm there when I get there, but right now it's not some place I really want to be. What I'd really, really love right now is a Denver omelette, some chocolate chip pancakes, hashbrowns and some cheese blintzes from IHOP. I've been craving this particular meal for about two weeks. I'm eventually going to have to go and at the very least have the omlette and chocolate chip pancakes.

Well time to do some housework before I go to the job that pays me. I would rather crawl back under the covers and sleep the day away.

No comments: