Sunday, May 30, 2004

Okay I'm totally bummed, while catching up on my blog reading I ran across the cutest crocheted ice cream cones from the Crochet Me newsletter. I found them at Donna's and Julie's blogs. I'm bummed because I can no longer get the chart unless someone that has received it sends it to me. Hint, hint ;) Yes, I'm shamelessly begging here. I have signed up to receive future newsletters so I will no longer be left out of all the fun.

Ok two blog entries in a matter of minutes. Guess I'm making up for being an irresponsible blogger the last week or so.

One more quick quilting observation before I leave, no matter how long it takes, regardless of what Jinny Beyer says, I think in the long run it does pay to take the time to trace the sewing line onto the fabric at least when piecing by hand. I don't really trust my eyeballing of the 1/4 inch sewing line. I think this quilt top is going to be stretched to hell and gone just to make the blocks all line up and be close to the same size. Then again maybe I'm not doing too bad of a job. I don't have a lot of faith in my accuracy. I try and I've accepted the fact that it's not going to be perfect but at the very least this is going to be a very wonky quilt. I'm glad it's more for him to just drag around and love than an actual bed covering. I'm not even going to quilt it, just tie it. Before I start DS#1's Ohio Star I can guarantee that every piece of every block will have a traced on sewing line because the Ohio Star is made up of not only squares but 4 triangle blocks too. YIKES! That's just a piecing disaster waiting to happen. All those points to line up.

Trust me if I were rich enough to afford good ol' American made quilts, I wouldn't even attempt to make my own. But alas, I am forced to make my own dorky homemade quilts. Maybe my decendants will get a good laugh at my attempts at quilting one day. My biggest fear is that my skills will not improve with each quilt, how sad will that be?

No comments: