Thursday, May 06, 2004

Yikes! Just realized I hadn't blogged since Tuesday. Not much going on to really blog about unfortunately.

I did put in about 4 rows on my gemstone/black single crochet afghan. With any luck I'll get it finished this weekend. I'm still debating on whether or not I might need two more skeins of black to get the finished size I want. I think I'm going to do a single crochet edging all around in solid black when it's finished.

I worked for about a nano second my Liberty Sampler, and then fell asleep. I dosed on the couch while watching Princess Daisy on the Love Channel. Can't believe I wasted four hours of good stitching time vegging on the couch and watching a sappy miniseries. Ok, it held my interest. It had Rupert Everett in it. I know wasted energy drooling over him but he's still a beautiful man. He was such a horrible man in this movie. Not really horrible, obsessed, lovesick, violent and vindictive-ok really horrible. I missed a lot of tv in the early 80s and 90s so now I'm playing catch up. There are a lot of Danielle Steele's miniseries that are new to me since I didn't watch them the first go round. Princess Daisy was based on a Judith Krantz novel.

I'm hoping to make a trip to JoAnn's today to pick up six skeins of the Lionbrand Homespun that's on sale for $3.99 a skein. I want to make the freebie Waterfall afghan shown on the Lionbrand website. I love that color. It calls for a Q hook. The Q hook is my new best friend. Love that huge hook. Wish I could find a wooden Q hook.
The largest I've found in wood is an M hook.

I'm also planning to order Marlo's Felted Crochet Bag Pattern package. Now I need to start stocking up on wool so that I can play with Koolaid dying and felting. I think the bags would make nice gifts for stitching friends.

Other than those few items life has been dull. I kind of like dull. Dull is good. I have to work today and don't really want to. It's going to be HOT today. In the 80s with no breeze, add to that a barbque pit and a grill and that spells SUPER HOT! On the plus side I am making money for stash so I shall suck it up and be happy to be there. I also don't think another day spent vegging on the couch is healthy and it's exactly what I'd be doing. All I seem to want to do these days is sleep. I can't get enough sleep.

Ok do I need to mention all the Friends hoopla? It's a tv show for crying out loud. Sure I've watched it a few times, I have to admit though I've watched it more in reruns on TBS than the original shows. There's all this hoopla surrounding a TV show. A TV show! Friends is funny, ok, but it's still no Seinfeld or Frasier. Where's the hoopla for Frasier's last episode? A consistently funny show that never failed to make me laugh and was smart and clever. I have to say that as much as I loved Seinfeld the last episode fell short of what the show represented the years it was on the air. Everyone interviewed about Friends says they don't think it's going to disappoint anyone. Of course I'm going to watch. Do I have a choice?

No comments: