Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Words

For most of my life I've known the power of words, how poetry, stories, song lyrics, manage to reach out and touch places deep inside me. Today the first paragraph of PioneerWoman completely expressed how I feel about the holidays. I cried when I read those words because it's comforting to know that others struggle like you do during certain times of the year. Especially times that are supposed to be the "happiest" times of the year.

Off the Needles

My Black Sheep Bags-Booga Bag is finished and felted! Pics hopefully tomorrow. I don't think I felted it correctly. It probably could have run through another cycle or two of the hot water, until I get by the LYS to check out one of their felted items I won't be sure, but either way I love it. I was afraid of it shrinking a lot more than I wanted so I only let it agitate about 35 mins.

I'm getting ready to unravel my Sophie Bag. I'd like a larger bag so I think I'm going to restart it using two strands of the Cascade 220, and size 11, 29 inch circulars. It also helps that some of my stitches came off the needle and unraveled and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. Guess I'll be more careful next time.

New Stash Cabinet

Why is organizing so hard? I have this great new stash cabinet and I can't come up with a way to organize my stuff in it. So far I have the yarn for an in progress afghan and two scarves stored in the closet side of it along with a couple of plastic shoe boxes filled with knitting accessories and beading supplies, other than that I am clueless. I do know the large bottom drawer will hold my linen for cross stitch and I may put crochet thread in another drawer along with my steel crochet hooks, hmmm, that sounds like that start of a plan of some kind. I may put small kits and ornaments that I kit up throughout the year in another drawer. That still leaves me with 4 drawers to fill. Don't get me wrong I can do that, pretty darn easily, it's just I want to keep this organized, to actually know where things are. Trust me, before long I'll just be dumping the contents of this bucket and that box into drawers and be right back where I started, not knowing where anything is.






No comments: