Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Binding Off

Last night after work I started binding off my Black Sheep Bags-Booga Bag. What amazed me? As soon as I started binding off the stitches, my hands knew exactly what to do. Guess I learned more during my foray into knitting when I was 8 than I thought. I have ends to weave in and I'm finding my I-cord difficult to make. I think I'm over thinking it. The first attempt was probably perfect, but I thought I could do better, big mistake. Now I have no clue what the heck I'm doing. I decided to step back, take a break, and then attempt it again either today or head over the LYS tomorrow and ask for more guidance. I just want to know that I'm doing it correctly. I can't find any good pics of I-cords before felting to see if mine looks like it should.

Started to cast on for a Red Sophie Bag but when I purchased the Cascade 220 for it, I forgot to roll it into a ball at the LYS. So it's either find the instructions for making a center pull ball from a toilet paper roll or just do it tomorrow while at the LYS.

Cross Stitch News

I've been procrastinating on some projects and decided it was all due to Carriage House Samplings Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. I'm still on House #1. I kept putting off working on other things until I finished this house and made the decision this morning to place HOHRH, the chart, the threads, all in a 2 gallon ziplock baggie and store it out of sight for a while. That will help me get a few other things out of the way and not obsess over finishing that block before I work on something else. Out of sight, out of mind. I need to get to work on Fairy Grandmother and get it finished so I can have it framed and ready to give to my grandmother the first of the year. I think this is going to be my focus for the next few weeks. I had planned to do some ornaments but it's just not going to happen this year. Fairy Grandmother is going to be my priority piece until she is finished. My grandmother had a health scare last week and I can't let this go any longer. She truly is my Fairy Grandmother and she deserves this gorgeous piece of needleart more than anyone.


No comments: