Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Just One More Row and I'll Stop....

Anyone else do this? You've been crocheting on a project, you're almost down to that last little bit of yarn from a skein and you keep thinking one more row and I'll finish out this skein, yet it's another row and another row because while you don't think it's that much yarn it's a whole lot more than you can imagine? I've been doing this for the last hour. Thinking to myself one more row of single crochet will wipe out this skein, nope, got enough for another row, then another, it only looks like a little clump of yarn there but lo and behold it goes on and on.

This morning I was able to stop by the LYS and browse and ask a gazillion dork questions about knitting needles, circular knitting needles, the bamboo/cable knitting needles, got way too excited when I discovered they now stock Noro Kureyon. I'm pretty sure I scared the lady helping me when I think I actually squealed! From across the store, ok it's not that big, I saw the green/brown/orange/yellow wool that is used for the wrist/arm warmers in Stitch 'N Bitch Nation. Since I'm not a regular customer I think I caught her offguard with my wool knowledge. Especially since I was such an idiot where needles were concerned. They were completely out of 16inch circular needles of any kind so I ended up purchasing some 10.5 Bamboo Straights to practice the pattern for Skully out of the original Stitch 'N Bitch book. They told me that their needle order should be in at any time so I'm going to check back with them on Friday and hopefully get by there and pick up the 10.5 double points and circular needles I need for a boogabag or a Sophie bag. I could have bought the double points today but all they had in stock were plastic ones and I'm such a dork I wanted mine to be bamboo. I also spent $4 on a package of white rubber or plastic stitch markers only to see them at JoAnn's for $1.79. But I do know the importance of giving the LYS as much of my business as I can.

At JoAnn's I used my 40% off coupon for a skein of LionBrand Fisherman's Wool. Gaze into your crystal ball and tell me what you see in my future? Are you seeing a crockpot? Some empty packets of ...what is that? Squint through the fog.....could it be Koolaid packets? Yes! Koolaid dyeing is definitely in my future, maybe the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Stopped by the LNS to check on my L'Ete. They were supposed to have her ready by tomorrow and I'm so proud of her and since I supplied the frame I fully expected her to be prominently displayed at the front of shop for everyone to ooooo and ahhhhhhh over. Boy was I depressed to find out that they hadn't even started the framing on her yet. It's not that I was in any kind of hurry, I'm not, I was just arrogant, and so full of pride I expected them to rush to frame her so that she could be displayed in the shop as long as possible because she is a piece of extraordinary beauty. Honestly she's very different from all the other shop models. I did order Eye of the Tiger to stitch for DS#1. Very cool piece.

Treated DS#1 to lunch at a local Country Buffett, he's been sick and I thought the vegetables would be good for him. I'm giving him through the weekend to improve and if he doesn't I guess it's off to the dr we go. I think it's just a cold but he's running just enough of a fever to feel bad and he has a sore throat from his sinus' draining but my luck it'll end up being strep throat or mono.




No comments: