Monday, November 08, 2004

Bad, Bad Blogger

Yes, I've been a bad blogger lately. Just too much going on and unfortunately not in the least bit interesting. I'm working way more than I ever intended when I took this job and I really miss my lazy days. Yes, they were lazy days. But working has been good for me. It's gotten me out of the house and to quote Jackson Browne "I'm alive in the world" again.

Stitching Progress

I've finished my L'Ete and will have a pic soon. I took it in for framing and the finished pic I took just isn't very good. It's so bad that every time I try to upload it to Webshots or Photobucket both sites hiccup and lose it. Every flippin' time.

I've been working pretty steadily on Carriage House Samplings - New Designs Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. I'm about halfway through House #1.

I've been alternating between crocheting and cross stitching. I've been on a mad search for some Needle Necessities colors I need for a couple of Christmas ornaments and can't find them locally. Arrrgghhh. I'm hoping to place an order with Nordic Needle later this week for fabric so I may just order those colors from Nordic Needle. I guess I'm not in any hurry. As long as they are finished by Dec. 1st I think they can reach their destinations before Christmas.

I've been dreaming lately of cross stitching a WIP stitching pouch for myself or maybe a stitching accessory pouch-you know a pouch that will hold scissors, needles or maybe some pretty stitching counting pins?(saw some pretty ones in the Nordic Needle catalog). I can't decide what to stitch on it and I'm kind of making it up as I go along, at least in my dreams.

Anticipation

I'm waiting patiently for my knitting CDROM to arrive. I can't wait to learn to knit. I think I have the basics down but purling will be the death of me. I think I'm doing it right but it sure feels wrong. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be the affirmation I need that I'm doing it correctly and can then invest in some cool yarn and knit something with confidence. I do have a LYS but can never seem to get over there during their hours of business.

I'm also waiting on my order from www.lionbrand.com to arrive so I can start on the blocks for the Crazy Quilt Coverlet out of the BH&G Simply Creative Crochet magazine. Hope that's the correct title, I don't have it handy at the moment.

I'm also anxious to dye some wool with Koolaid and crochet some felted bags. You can read about Koolaid dyeing here: Dyeing Yarn with Kool-Aid ®, but who has the time?

I also want to make soap. Do my dream projects ever end? I never finish anything, I have a mile long list of things I want to do, want to learn how to do and spend 99% of my time being frustrated because I can't make the time to do everything I want to do.








No comments: