Saturday, November 13, 2004

I Think I Can....

Purl!

One of the reasons I ordered the Coats Knitting Made Easy CDROM was due to my purling issues. It just felt wrong. I didn't have an experienced knitter around to ask if I was doing it correctly and can never seem to get to the LYS to ask them for their help so after reading
Hazelnut Latte and her success with the CDROM I decided it might just be worth the investment. I popped it in this morning just to see what it was like and I immediately figured out what I had been doing wrong when purling. I'm such a visual person that no matter how many books I read, how many diagrams I looked at, I just wasn't going to "get it" until I saw someone actually doing it. Now to just find the time to sit down and practice.

Nice Quiet Weekend

At least that's what I'm hoping for. I didn't really plan to leave the house but the kids want to go to CiCi's for lunch and I found a JoAnn's coupon so I may take them to lunch and stop by JoAnn's and use my 40% off coupon on a skein of Lionbrand Fisherman's Wool that I can play around with and Koolaid dye. Then maybe knit or crochet a bag to felt.

DH is gone for the weekend and I'm kind of glad. I can stay up as late as I want, cross stitch or crochet or practice knitting until all hours of the night, I don't have to share the tv and can just turn it off and listen to music if I want to, funny how such simple little things can make life so nice. Don't get me wrong, I love my DH but I just prefer to go to bed than to fight over the tv or sit there and watch him flip channels. It drives me crazy. I know that if that's our biggest problem then I should count my blessings and tv is not the most important thing in the world but now that I work too when I'm home I want to do what I want to do because my time is just as important as his and we absolutely do not agree on what to watch on tv. If I see Rudy one more time I'm going to throw up.

It's a dreary day down here but I think the sun is supposed to come out later on this afternoon.


No comments: