Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Great Mail Day!

Yesterday my order arrived from Lionbrand with the Woolease I ordered for the Crazy Quilt Coverlet from the Simply Creative Crochet magazine. DH has my digital camera or I would have taken a pic. The colors in the box were 7 skeins of Loden, 2 of Gold and 1 of Camel. Not sure when I'll get around to starting this as I have come to believe that I might be-gasp-a one at a time project girl. I'm on my second skein of Red Heart's Ranch Red in my Ode to Yarngirl afghan and I'm hoping to be able to add some Gold and Med Thyme stripes by the weekend. I have great hopes for this afghan. The Ranch Red alone is beautiful but I can't wait to add some more color to it. I've become obsessed with this afghan and every time I sit down on the couch to watch tv my hands grab the hook and add a few more rows to this afghan.

Right now my current projects are my Ode to Yarngirl afghan and in cross stitch Houses of Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House Samplings - News. Once I finish House #1 on HOHRH I plan to set it aside for some Christmas stitching. I have several ornaments I want to stitch for friends and the ornaments I want to stitch keep changing. I hate that. I can't make up my mind. Anyway, I'd love to attempt the Christmas Wreath afghan in Vanna White's Afghans A-Z book. I've wanted to do this for years but let's face it I'll never get it finished by this Christmas and it will be relegated to the "I'm such a loser" pile along with the boys' Christmas stockings and my grandmother's Fairy Grandmother cross stitch piece and my long neglected novel. I might start kitting it up so that after the holidays when I have another 365 days to get it finished before next Christmas I may feel like giving it a try. I do have problems working on more than one crochet project at a time in that I get all my stitches confused. I've been wanting to alternate between my single crochet Ranch Red and my Girl Power Granny(I'm still working on blocks to make me one of these after giving my original one to my great niece), but I find bouncing around between different stitches confuses me and I end up having to look at the pattern and just lose track of where I am and what I'm doing. There are also tons of blocks I want to make from the book 200 Crochet Blocks. I've been toying with the idea of a Sampler afghan using different blocks from this book, then again I love some of the afghan ideas presented in the book and her color choices. I know I'm such a loser, I don't trust my color choices and prefer to use someone else's choices as a guide-the Crazy Quilt Coverlet is a perfect example. I'm sure I could have found some colors that were close locally but I opted to order the exact colors from Lionbrand. In my defense a desire to use something other than Red Heart also prompted me to order the Woolease too.

Rude Awakening!

Thanksgiving is next Thursday! What planet am I on? I thought I had two more weeks until Thanksgiving and it's next week. I haven't bought my turkey, any casserole ingredients, no flour, no sugar. Guess a major grocery shopping trip is in my future. How did this sneak up on me? To top it off, the house is still a disaster area. The more I clean, toss out junk, the bigger the piles seem to grow. What is up with that?


No comments: