Saturday, August 05, 2006

Quaker Garden SAL

Proof Is In The Sauce*:
I started BBD Quaker Garden. Horrible pic, I know. You know people all over the blogosphere seem to be gaining notoriety for one thing or another. Is it possible I could become famous because of my ugly photography? My lack of picture taking skills?

Or it could be that I shall become known as the blogger who does the stupidest things, makes the dumbest mistakes and is clueless as to how that happens. You see, or rather what you don't see in the above pic is a that just above the little Quaker motif to the left of the butterfly is a little dot of bright pink Sharpie. How did it get there? Who knows. Yes I used a pink Sharpie earlier in the day. The key words in that sentence are "earlier in the day". My stitching was no where near it. It was on the other side of the room. No, I didn't have one drop of pink Sharpie ink on my finger I even washed my hands, not one trace of Sharpie, yet there it is right there at the tippy top of that Quaker motif. Hopefully I can get it framed close, very close to the stitching.

So shall I be the worlds most famous blogger because of horrible photography or really stupid stitching catastrophes. Take your pic. I can handle my 15 mins. Bring on the papparazzi.

*Not sure why I just had to type "proof is in the sauce" other than without the picture no one would believe I really started this project finally. Or maybe I've seen Fried Green Tomatoes one too many times.

On the afternoon agenda, a few hours spent with Ricky Bobby. It has to be good right?

8 comments:

Andrea said...

You crack me up! I love your Quaker Garden, it's already very pretty! I didn't see the spot.

Did you see Ricky Bobby on Larry King last night? Good stuff.

Glenna said...

What a hoot your sharpie story is. Today I started a little design, over one, with one thread. The design is wider than it is tall. But I somehow turned the fabric around and there wasn't enough width that way to accommodate the design, so I stitched happily away for a couple of hours--for nothing! I just wasn't paying attention.

Missy said...

Can't wait to see the progress on this one! I really like this design, *sigh* too many things on my plate right now though.

I know that in the hospital we used sharpie on almost everything and most of the time it would come right up when we used an alcohol wipe on it. Maybe it is worth a try? Just use a q-tip or something, but I would blot it with water or somthing afterwards so that the alcohol didn't alter the fabric down the road. Just a thought.

:)

AuntSuze said...

LOL at your sharpie mystery!! I cant even see it and the picture isnt bad =o) Your wip is great, one of my favorite designs.

Amy said...

It looks great so far, sharpie or no sharpie! Maybe no one will notice...I sure can't see it. I'm so jealous that you live so close to the beach! Maybe I'll be your neighbor one day...

Michelle said...

Congrats on your two starts! They both look lovely. I just finished my Quaker Garden on Saturday, so I'll enjoy watching your progress.

Margie said...

Enjoy your Quaker Garden! It's a lovely stitch.I look forward to seeing your progress. Loved your sharpie story...

Carol said...

I spent Saturday night with Ricky Bobby. I was very psyched to see my boy (DE Jr)with a cameo appearance.
How many projects do you have started now? (ducking and running)