Friday, March 03, 2006

What I've Been Up To

We have a finished House Block #10 from CHS Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. No the border around the house is not completed, I save the borders for when I'm stitching outside or in the car when I don't want to have to pay attention. Some good mindless stitching. This is the fourth block I've completed on HOHRH. Below is my progress on By the Bay's 13th Colony Bay. I'm stitching parts 1-3 all on one piece of fabric. I started in the center of part 2, the house to the far right, worked my way over to the far left corner of part 1 and am now working my way back to the center. I'm stitching this 2 over 2 on 32ct Star Sapphire linen.
To give an idea of how large this piece is going to be, here's a pic of it stretched out on my patio table. Excuse the dead grass and the toy in the background.

After the tediousness of Fairy Grandmother 13th Colony Bay is a joy to work on.

The battery ran out in my camera or I'd show you the gift basket my neighbor gave me last night for helping out with the baby. Getting to hold him as much as I want is gift enough, really he's that cute, but in the gift basket was the new Stephen King book, Cell, some Sweet Dreams tea, some candles and some candy, Nerds(it's a joke between me and Pam). I can't believe they did that. It was such an amazing experience to be there during the birth and to be able to help with John and be apart of his life. It's no secret that I've baby fever for a couple of years so being able to participate in this baby's life helps to feel that void.

Today I hope to get in some movie time watching Walk the Line and Red Eye, but there's an X Files marathon on the Sci-Fi channel today, I don't think I can not watch Mulder.

I've become addicted to www.pandora.com while working on the computer. You type in your favorite artist and then pandora plays music by other artists in the same genre. I ran across this a few weeks ago and really like it. I've discovered some new bands that I must eventually add to the CD collection.

Right now I'm reading Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett. It's a Discworld novel and I'm enjoying it. I think I mentioned I recently finished The Ice Queen by Alice Hoffman. Great book.

I'm listening to the #1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith. Have I mentioned how much I love the library?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hi...followed your link from the comments section of Crazy Aunt Purl...just had to visit a fellow Melissa and CAP reader.
I love the first picture. Beautiful work!