Thursday, March 23, 2006

Eighteen Years Ago Today

I was a little busy. I gave birth to the little boy you see above. 36 hours of labor, only to have him crown when everyone in labor and delivery was working on someone else. His dad kept telling me to just keep my legs together while he was hollaring for some help. He was beautiful, healthy, and didn't sleep, ever.
A year later his first birthday rolled around.
He's always been curious. Always questioning everything, every little thing.
This is a rare vacation photo because we moved to the land of the permanent vacation and never seem to go anywhere.
This is the first day of ninth grade. My oldest child heading off to high school. I'd have a more recent pic to post but for some reason my computer doesn't want to recognise my camera.

Today he's 18. EIGHTEEN. Where have the years gone? Just yesterday he was that baby in the first picture. Just yesterday he was my little boy, learning to talk, learning to walk. Now he's all grown up. No longer my little boy, but my grown son, planning his life, dreaming his dreams.

Ryne- I love you, may all your dreams come true.

Mom

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful tribute to your son. My oldest turns 17 in June. I, like you, wonder where all those years have gone.

Do you suppose every mother has a "birthday cake all over me" pic of her one year old? I know I do LOL. Happy Birthday to your handsome boy. :)

Meari said...

Amazing how fast they grow up, isn't it?