Saturday, March 18, 2006

March Madness

Current Rankings

Scarf-2 Melissa-0

So this afternoon, I settle in for some serious movie watching and restart my Alien Illusion scarf out of Stitch N Bitch. I'm moving right along, am up to row 30, no errors, I'm feeling like an expert. The phone rings, it's my mother, I'm in the middle of a row, it seems simple enough, talk while concentrating on the row I'm finishing up, 15 stitches left, a few purl, a few knit, so easy. No, it's not. I screwed it up. Tried to unravel that row, get it back on the needle, and well the whole afternoon's worth of knitting is now a pile of tangled wool. So no more knitting tonight. Taking a break. To think while I was sitting there knitting my little heart out I was planning my next project. What a joke! It's ok, it's a process, it's a learning experience. I'm not super anal, I'm not a perfectionist, but I want to do it right. So back to the drawing board. I live in North West Florida, it's not like I'm going to need this scarf before next December at the earliest.

In cross stitch news I'm moving right along on HOHRH House #8. Maybe by tomorrow I'll have something worth showing and I'll post a pic.

Thanks for the comments on HOHRH, Danielle and Anna. I'm really loving this design. It's the only project I feel like working on these days. Of course I'm delusional and believe that if I keep working on it I'll have it finished in a few days. Once that doesn't happen, I'll get mad at it and work on something else.

I had planned to have some pics of my newly painted front door and freshly painted porch this weekend but somehow we just haven't gotten around to it so I'm keeping my fingers crossed we get it done soon. I have a plan for the front flower bed and Crazy Aunt Purl has got my husband wanting to grow square watermelons. Yes, square watermelons. Go on over there, scroll down a few posts and read about the square watermelons, see the proof. Now my DH wants to try to grow square watermelons. We still trying to figure out exactly how one does this. Our big question of the day is does the fruit itself need sun or just the vine from which it grows? We're thinking that we plant the seeds, when they sprout and start bearing fruit (or is it baring fruit?) we'll put the fruit section in a square box, as it grows we move it up to larger sized boxes. Then again we know nothing about growing plants or engineering super fruit. Should be a fun summer experiment, because we have no life. Up until reading that post about square watermelons we had no summer plans. Now we're obsessed with growing these things. I know, it's disturbing.

What's more disturbing is that in our family, I'm the flake. The husband is pretty sane. Now I think he's crossed that line, he's come over to the dark side and is now just as kooky as me. Guess that's what happens after 20 years of marriage.

No comments: