Friday, March 10, 2006

Purl Stitch

The poor excuse for knitting you see above is me owning the purl stitch! Yep. I finally did it. Yes, it's messy, but above that glob that we'll call ribbing you will see stockinette stitch, baby! No it ain't purty. But that's not the point. The point is that I freakin' purled! It's no longer an enigma. I get it. I don't do it well, but I GET it! I created the above mess using my #13 Brittanys and good old Red Heart in Cornmeal. I'm so stoked!

In cross stitch news, I'm still working on the sheep block next to the cow block on Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. Thought I'd finish it today but I decided I needed a distraction from the reality that is my life so I popped in the Coats & Clark Knitting Made Easy CD-ROM and spent a few hours(yes, it took a few hours to create the above mess, I chose not to show you the other swatch) practicing my purl stitch.

No comments: