Monday, January 23, 2006

Stitching? What's That?

Boy, I'm going through one of those phases when I don't have time to cross stitch. I hate it when life gets in the way. I am able to crochet but only because I've memorized the pattern and it's an easy one to set aside when I have to get up and do something productive.

I also am disenfranchised(is that a popular word these days or what?) with the current state of my stitching. It's in a bit of a mess. I have what seems like a gazillion projects started, ok, it doesn't seem like it, I have a gazillion projects started because I can't say "no". I'm an easy target. I see a chart, I buy the chart. The chart then calls out to me, "Oh, please buy fabric, you know you have the threads, go on buy that piece of fabric. Go on, do it, it's just a piece a fabric. One little ol' piece of fabric, that doesn't hurt anyone." So I'm weak, I give in, I buy the fabric. Once fabric is purchased there's no good reason not to start the project. I'm SO easy! (Hope the NSA has fun with that google search.)

So now I'm overwhelmed. This happens to me periodically and it usually coincides with a weekend spent wandering around craftster.org. I go into creative overload like you wouldn't believe. I get tons of ideas for designing my own stuff. Why do I do this to myself? I made a list of so many new cool ideas for cross stitch and crochet this weekend, pile those on top of the projects I've already got started, and add to that the 18x44 cut of 32ct Star Sapphire linen I have sitting here waiting on it's first stitches for By the Bay's 13th Colony Bay Parts 1-3, and what do you get? One completely frustrated crafty chick.

The most cross stitch I've managed is putting a few stitches in on L*K's Betty Broomstick.

If the sun manages to peak out through the clouds tomorrow I might have a pic or two to share.

No comments: