Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Finally Some Pictures

Here is DS#3's latch hook rug project that he completed in one weekend. The pic on the left is the back of his work and the one on the right is the front. It was made from an inexpensive kit that I purchased for him at the store who shall not be named.

















Below you can see a pile of hexes for a grandmothers flower garden afghan. I officially joined the CAL over at Crochetville Forum - powered by vBulletin.(I'm just hoping these pictures publish the way I'm writing the captions, if not you're on your own dear reader to figure out what caption goes with which picture.) This project is a stashbuster so I'm using Red Heart(oh calm down, RH is much less scratchy than the acrylic used in some ponchos I saw and felt at TJ Maxx. Gave me a new appreciation for the minimal scratchiness that one finds with RH.) The green is med. thyme(my background color), the pink is fuchsia, and the purple is amythest. I have a few other colors selected from the stash and will hopefully make progress on this all week. The hexes crochet up really fast. I can do one in about 15 minutes. They're addictive.

















Below or to the left(still wondering how these might publish) you will see a partially finished Betty Broomstick. I'm hoping to get her finished in the next couple of days and that will be one more U.F.O. I can check off my list of carry over projects.

















I'm now trying to figure out what to work on when Betty is finished. I want to start my By the Bay 13th Colony Bay Parts 1-3 but I need to really focus on Fairy Grandmother, I just don't enjoy that project, but I guess that's not what it's about. It's a gift and I need to work on it, get it finished, and get it to my grandmother. But, right now, if it's work on Fairy Grandmother with no other option, I choose not to stitch, and that makes me feel bad. So I just don't know what I'm going to do. I'm planning on trying to put in one length of floss on Fairy Grandmother every day. That's not that much, and right now I'm working in areas with tons of color changes so I'm not going to see any dramatic progress no matter how long I work on her. I have to suck it up and get her finished.

Do you know how good I'm going to feel when Fairy Grandmother is finished? I plan to have one major chart burning party. Huge bonfire!

No comments: