Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Groups of Four

While reading various blogs this meme keeps popping up so I decided to throw in my 4 cents worth.

Four jobs you have had in your life:

1. Hardware store clerk
2. Receptionist/Data Entry Clerk
3. Dental Assistant
4. Phlebotomist

Four movies you would watch over and over again:

1. Lord of the Rings Trilogy
2. A Walk on the Moon
3. Philadelphia Story
4. Practical Magic


Four places you have lived:

1. Memphis, TN
2. Lima, Ohio
3. Little Rock, Arkansas
4. Florida


Four T.V. shows you love to watch:

1. The O.C.
2. Gilmore Girls
3. Mythbusters
4. Poirot


Four places you have been on vacation:

1. Pensacola, FL
2. Toronto
3. Rochester, NY
4. Grand Rapids, MI


Four web-sites I visit daily:

1. GirlReaction
2. Doodle-head.com - Melissa's hobby site
3. Gawker, Manhattan Media News and Gossip
4. pinku


Four of my favorite foods:

1. Chile Colorado
2. Chips and Salsa
3. Combination Pizza from Exlines in Memphis
4. Fried Zucchini


Four places I’d rather be right now:

1. Key West
2. County Clare, Ireland
3. Paris
4. Austrailia


Hoping to get in a little stitching time today. Not sure what I'll work on. I'm kind of itching to get some U.F.O.'s out of the workbasket and into the finished pile. While Betty Broomstick isn't a fabulous project like say Mouline Rouge or And They Sinned or even Fairy Grandmother, she's very close to finished and I noticed in the new NordicNeedle.com catalog that they are carrying Judy O'Dells finishing books so if I get Betty finished I can order the book on how to finish her as a standup. A process I've been agonising over ever since I started her 4+ years ago. That's just way to long to let a little project like this sit unfinished.

I'm also interested in trying to make my own tote bags. That of course requires some machine sewing so I'm probably not going to get too far with that bright idea, but who knows, the need for a rockin' new tote bag might just hit and for what I have in mind I'll have to make it myself. I want to sew one and I want to crochet one. The crochet bag is what's on my mind at the moment, I know the image I want to crochet on the front of the bag, but I want to felt the bag so I'm going to have to make it a lot larger than the finished size. For the cloth bag, I want to cross stitch the same image on that bag, which in the long run even with my fear of the sewing machine, might be faster. I'm toying with options. I'm looking for cool not lame, so usually when I'm seeking cool, I end up with big time lame. I'm not a designer in any way shape or form, but I sure like thinking that I am. I also have to get the DH to draw the image for me.

DS#3 finished a latch hook rug kit this weekend. He took great pleasure in starting and finishing a project in the same weekend when so many of my projects have been in progress for years. If the sun ever comes out I'll take a pic. We're going to make it into a pillow, the sad part is that it looks nicer from the back than the front. I'm not sure if that's due to the fact it's an inexpensive kit or if he just worked it up so fast that all his stitches need to be tightened. I'm hoping with some fluffing the front will look like the same lion cub you can clearly see on the back. I'm really proud of him. He loves arts and crafts and I want to encourage it. I think it's a healthy way to spend free time.

No comments: