Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Weather

Well the weather is taunting me. I was all prepared to have an unexpected day off due to thundershowers, but no, the flippin' sun is shining-so much for the 80% chance of rain. I really, really, really needed this extra day off. I can't take it any more. I've been up since 1 am with DS#1 & 2 who are both sick. DS#2 has a nagging cough, no fever and he wanted to go to school this morning. He's not contagious, just a little drainage going on there. DS#1 stayed home for the second day in a row. He's running a lowgrade fever and has a pretty nasty cough going on. Since I was already up I tried to do a couple of loads of laundry, you know use the time wisely, my dryer door broke, I tried to fix it, made it worse. I couldn't wake the DH up at 2am to fix the door so I sobbed for a whole hour, before I fell asleep on the couch. I hate having to go to the laundry mat. I have to do laundry every day or we run out of clothes or socks or underwear, something always needs to be washed. Anyway I just can't face going into work. I don't want to be there. I know everyone feels that way sometimes but I'm having horrible coping issues right now and the least little things sets me off, makes me want to cry. There's still about 45 minutes before I have to leave so I'm hoping buckets of rain start falling from the sky so they decide not to open. I really, really, don't want to leave the house today.

Crafty Update

Nothing for me, I've been crocheting some fluffy flipflops for the mom of one of the kids I work with. I have one pair finished and two more to go. Would some one please tell me why anyone else in the world could crochet three pair of flipflops in say an hour or two and it's taking me days? Must be that whole coping issue again. Had hoped to get them finished today since I was going to be home due to torrential downpours but that apparently ain't going to happen. So I'll be another day trying to get them finished.

Guilty Pleasure

Is there a better guilty pleasure than McGyver? I was channel surfing a while ago and found McGyver on the Spike channel. I remember when DS#1 was little he wanted to be McGyver because McGyver managed to save everyone, every episode and never killed anyone.






No comments: