Saturday, February 19, 2005

Public Service Announcement #1

Did you know that when you, dear Driver, are in a turn lane and the turn arrow lights up, and the car in front of you turns, that you, Dear Dear Driver, can turn immediately after the first car? Did you know that? You didn't have to wait for the red light to go through it's whole long, long cycle again. You could have turned right behind that first car, I could have turned too and the car behind me, cars could have kept on turning left until the signal became a red arrow. Just thought you might want to know.

Public Service Announcement #2

Did you know that when the bathroom floods, the closet placed on the wall in the adjoining room floods too? Did you know that if the bathroom floods and someone doesn't bother to check the carpeting in the closet next to the bathroom, for say a couple of weeks, what you will find is a mildewing molding mess? Yes, yes you will. Go check those closets.

Weekend-I'm Feelin' the Joy

Well I was until I found my red cowboy boots molding under a pile of wet clothes in the aforementioned closet. I *heart* those boots and I'm not sure I can save them. I've had these boots 18 yrs.

Who knew that the flippin' closet would flood too? Probably anyone with a half a braincell, that would not include moi.

No big weekend plans on the agenda. Hope to get some stitching in and maybe hit JoAnn's to snag a few McCall's patterns for tote bags that are on sale for 99¢ this weekend. There was also one for making a knitting needle and crochet hook holder/roll type thingie. Can ya tell I haven't had my coffee yet?

I think I'm going to pull on some clothes and go to Waffle House. A waffle, some hashbrowns scattered and smothered, cheese eggs, maybe some bacon. YUM. I skipped dinner last night and this is sounding pretty good to me right about now. By the time I'm finished stuffing my face, JoAnn's should be open and I can run right in and grab the patterns I want and be in and out in no time at all. Yes, I've been to JoAnn's during a huge sale before. Can you please let me hold on to my dreams if only for a moment?












No comments: