Sunday, January 02, 2005

How Have I Spent the First 24 Hours of 2005?

Reading craftster.org projects forum - Index that's what. I'm so in love with the CD Book purses in the Purses-reconstructed forum. My 16 yr old told me that all the girls at his school carry those Caprisun bags and all different kinds of duct tape bags. I know at 41 I'm a little old for a Ramen Noodle bag but I am definitely going to make a couple of the CD book purses since I have several CDs I've purchased more than once. I want to give the album bags a try too.

2005 rolled in quietly here on the NW Florida coast. I like it like that. Yesterday I worked on a long overdue RR and have it packaged and finally ready to ship to England. We spent the day watching some Seinfeld, some Buffy and the movie The Big Bounce with Morgan Freeman and Owen Wilson. Would I recommend it? Well if you're going to be sitting around doing nothing anyway it's ok to have on in the background, if you really care about not wasting 90 mins of your life that you'll never get back, then take a pass on it. Of course I happen to think getting to see Owen Wilson while stitching is time well spent.

Not sure what I'll work on today. I have a pile of projects to sort through and a hundred things I want to make at all different levels of craftiness. This is my problem. There are so many things I want to make that I just overwhelm myself and end up being a slug and doing nothing at all. I think I will spend a good bit of time this January working on projects that are already started and trying very hard to get them finished. Of course I will be planning all those other projects, gathering supplies(I'm definitely a gatherer, love collecting supplies for projects, labeling them, storing them away, and just having them around the house, it's all like a nice little security blanket).

I'm hoping with the new year I'll begin to organize my time better. This year has all just gone to hell. Not one time line I set for myself this year was met. Not one. I hate deadlines and just refuse to set them for myself any more. They stifle my creativity. Basically I just want to manage my time better so I have more time to do the things I want. I'd love to do better managing my money. That doesn't mean that I won't buy stash of all kinds but I'd also like to save up for a Nikon digital camera and a lap top for my own personal private use and another desktop computer for just the DH and I so that we don't have to share with the kids. I'm selfish that way. When I have time to get on the computer I hate having to argue with someone to get off my flippin' computer.

Goals

My goals for 2005 are pretty simple. I want to learn how to knit socks, I want to suck up the courage and attempt a crocheted thread tablecloth. I want to crochet it in individual blocks, maybe even using some of the blocks from the 200 Crochet Blocks book. I'm sure these aren't probably what are supposed to be used for a tablecloth but I'm going to play around with them and some cotton thread and see what happens. It doesn't have to be your grandmother's crocheted tablecloth now does it? Other than that I hope to start many new cross stitch projects and finish some that have been WIP for way too long. I say this every year but this time I only said I "hope" to finish not that I plan to finish. I have so many plans circling around in my brain, I know that I will only begin to scratch the surface of all the things I want to make in 2005. Here's hoping I managed to start and complete 1/5 of the things I'm dreaming about.




No comments: