Friday, June 04, 2004

The weekend is upon us. Finally. Not sure why I feel the need to write "finally". It seems like the days just fly by. Not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything I want to accomplish.

Truthfully? I love the lazy life. I don't understand those people that work, work, and work some more. I don't understand people who let money motivate them. I'm not one of those people that believes that money is the root of all evil. Personally I think money can make just about anything better, especially trips to the LNS/LQS/LYS and Barnes & Noble. That being said, why waste one's life trying to make more money? There's a wonderful, beautiful world right outside those windows. I was reminded of this fact this morning when driving along the beach. I wanted to check the surf before suggesting to DS#3 we go to the beach, if it's rough the lifeguards throw everyone out of the water but the surfers. Drowning tourists have ruined great bodyboarding days for all of us locals. Note to tourists: It's not a wave pool at the local water park. It's a natural body of water, it has riptides. If the flags are red, don't wade out and play like you're in one big wave pool. It will suck you under and you die, and ruin it for everyone else. Oh and by the way, if you're the parent of a toddler it's best if you don't guzzle down the cooler of beer and then pass out. Why? Because little kids wade out into the water and drown while your drunk ass is passed out on the beach. If you bring the kiddies to the beach, drink a coke or water, please, I'm begging you.

Anyway, back to the beauty of the shores I live near. I love it here. It's beautiful, breathtaking, it's holy. I waiver constantly on the issue of God, but when I look at the beauty that is the Gulf of Mexico I'm comforted knowing that something bigger than any of us created this amazing gift to the planet Earth. The white sands shimmering against the tourquoise water, blinding in it's purity. That vision never ceases to bring a tear to my eyes. I'm a geek. I admit it. I get emotional about a body of water. I can't help it. When I drive down the highway on the way to my LNS, I always take the scenic route, I'm awed at the beauty and that I was lucky enough to marry someone who doesn't care where we live. Someone who'll move at the drop of the proverbial hat. Someone who loves an adventure and isn't afraid of the great unknown. Where we are now is where I've always wanted to be. Of course I dream of other places. Right now I'm dreaming of a ranch in Idaho, sheep, horses, some chickens, no neighbors, but for the most part, I honor where I live. I cherish it. I try to always remember how lucky I am to be able to call this place home.

Stitching News

I'm still close to finishing Americana but it's not finished yet. I haven't had as much stitching time as I thought I'd have. I always miscalculate how long it will take to finish something.

Hoping to have the borders to DS#3's cut out this weekend and hopefully get a good start cutting out the blocks for DS#1's Ohio Star quilt. I'm afraid of all the triangles in the Ohio Star. All those points to match up. YIKES!!! But I must "feel the fear and do it anyway". I think that was the name of book a few years back. Good philosophy to live by at least in relation to quilting.

I need to get to work on Fairy Grandmother but I'm afraid if I set Americana aside before it's done I'll never finish it. Trust me, this is how I am. I'm horrible. I let poor thisclose to finish projects linger in U.F.O. purgatory, just aching for someone to pick up a needle and let them cross over into the light glowing from the finished project star.

No comments: