But my first two full weeks of unemployment have been productive in the stitching department. Much more so than in the much maligned but necessary cleaning department. I'll try to have a good progress pic of Sirens of the Sea tomorrow. DS#1 likes to take my camera with him where ever he goes so it never seems to be here when I need it.
Unfortunately there are no pics of my first attempt at dyeing fabric and the project that I used it for. I could never get an accurate picture of the color and then when I finished the project my camera was no where to be found.
I did finish Blackbird Designs Black Cat Sampler and Boo! from the Trix or Treats book.
I've been obsessing for the last few weeks over a quilt in the October issue of Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion. It's on page 71 and I'm thinking about making up my own pattern and seeing how close I come to copying this one. I've been through most of my quilting books and couldn't find anything close to it. It's applique in the Baltimore Album quilt style but it doesn't look as tedious as some of the ones I've seen. I believe this quilt top might work up pretty fast. Then it can become my winter handquilting project and more than likely next winter's too. No just kidding. I do believe the applique itself will go fast. I like handwork. It's just the tracing and the cutting that I procrastinate on. This looks pretty straight forward and the applique pieces are all large. No teeny tiny pieces to fuss over.
This weekend I'm hoping to get a few things framed. I've purchased frames, just haven't had time to sit down and get it done.