Monday, August 16, 2004

Life Is Good

At least it was this morning. After spending some of the morning looking for my missing crochet hook, working on L'Ete for a little while, I got the kids off to school and headed for the beach.

On the way to the beach I stopped by Publix picked up 1/2 a turkey sub and some Calypso Crunch cookies. When I finally arrived at the beach there were only a few people there, almost my own private beach. I floated on my raft for a while drinking in the beauty of my surroundings. I so love where I live. Then I took a break, munched on my sandwich and cookies, and read my book, The Time Traveler's Wife. I'm only 50 pages into it but it's already got me hooked.

Also decided my next BAP cross stitch project will be Crossed Wing Collection's Great Blue Heron. I really want to get some of my great nature inspired projects finished and on the walls. Dimples Designs Wee Beasties are at the top of the list and my DD Garner Dragonfly is 3/4s finished.

Recently I haven't spent a lot of time at the beach, it's just been too hot. I never wanted to become one of those people fortunate enough to live here yet who loses their appreciation for the beauty that surrounds them. Today, I reveled in it. The water couldn't have been clearer or more beautiful. The sand was as white as sugar. Pelicans and seagulls soared above me, and fish nipped at my toes, that part was annoying because I kept expecting to look down one time and see a shark not a small hard tail. YIKES! But today no sharks, no dolphins either, but plenty of large schools of fish and birds and a minimal amount of people which is always a good thing.

We heard from a friend of ours living on a boat in Key West. He rode out Hurricane Charley on his boat. I can't believe he stayed, but fortunately the storm only grazed the Keys. He's only had the boat three weeks and had just gotten his phone installed when the storm hit.

Of course now I'm dreaming of living on a boat in the Keys.




No comments: