Thursday, December 08, 2005

I Got Nothing

Not much to write about the last few days. I still have not finished my cow house on CHS Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. For those of you familiar with the chart it's House #9. The house is close to complete, with any luck I can start the cow tomorrow.

I did manage to finish a crochet afghan I started sometime last year. It was a basic single crochet afghan only I held three strands together and used a Q hook. I'm a dork, and clueless about just making it up as I go along so I chained oh, maybe 100 chains before I started the single crochets so it's pretty big. That Q hook with three strands of yarn held together makes some mighty huge single crochet stitches. I tried to take a picture but it didn't turn out too well in the house so I'll try again tomorrow if the sun is out. It's got a nice tiedyed appearance to it. I held together two strands of black and one strand of Red Heart Gemstone. I can't take credit for the idea. I borrowed it last year from someone, Kristy maybe, over at Crafty Blog. If I were to do it again I would only chain 60-70 in my foundation chain. This afghan is really wide, really, really, seriously wide. It almost covers the top of our king sized bed. DS#3 tried to claim this afghan but I'm going to let him choose some colors and make him his very own afghan.



No comments: