Thursday, September 23, 2004

Back to Normal

Happy to report that life is slowly getting back to normal. Today I went to the Publix and found milk! I'm totally feeling the joy. I bought a gallon of milk, a half gallon and a quart of chocolate milk. Do I need to go on about how good that chocolate milk is?

Projects

Since I haven't been working this week, and man, it's not a good thing. I don't want to go back to work. I want the money, but I'm really enjoying being home, anyway, I have made 5(or is it 6?) granny squares. I'm using the same colors I used in Harleigh's afghan because that's what I have on hand. I wanted to cross stitch today but fell asleep listening to the radio. I'm sleeping a lot these days. I guess my body is catching up on all that sleep I missed last week due to Hurricane Ivan.

The #1 Reason to Not Feel Guilty About Accumulating Stash:

A natural disaster can shut everything down. When JoAnn's, Micheals, Hobby Lobby, the LNS, LYS and even Walmart are all inaccessible the obsessive stasher can run to her stash and pull out everything she/he needs for a new project. I have always said that I try not to feel guilty about stashing but now I'm so glad that I have stashed as much as I have over the years and my stash is pretty small compared to some. Yes, I know with all that has happened over the last week how can I even discuss stash? Well my projects offered me a whole lot of comfort. Even if I only picked one up for a few minutes it was a distraction from all my other worries. It took me away for just a little while. Yep, once things are really back to normal I plan to be an even more obsessive stasher. If you think my Stitcher's Organizer is full now, just wait until I start reorganising projects I want to work on and projects I want to start and projects I want to kit. I am an obsessive kitter. I carry lists around in my bag and everytime I go to the LNS or another craft store I'll buy some floss or fabric or a chart, whatever I need to gradually kit up a project. I feel so good once a project is completely kitted almost as good as I feel when I finish a project.

I do wish I could finish something, anything soon. I've been hoping for the last few weeks to finish L'Ete by BOAF but I just haven't been able to sit and concentrate on my cross stitch. Granny squares are much easier to work on and don't require a lot of concentration.





No comments: