Tuesday, September 28, 2004

An Autumn State of Mind

Today's cross stitch piece is my second RR with the same group of ladies that stitched on the RR I posted yesterday. The theme of this piece was Autumn.



I need to get it framed soon. It's a shame to have two such pretty pieces tucked away in a Rubbermaid bucket.

Another favorite of mine is this piece:



I plan to banner it and hang it on my laundry room door, the side of the door that faces the kitchen so I can enjoy it all year. I love it and it was fun to stitch. Not sure how well the verse shows up, it reads, "With silk from a web, by the light of the moon, Witches are stitching from midnight til noon." It uses funky wildhair threads for her hair and glow in the dark krienik for the cat's eyes and in a few other places.

Caught in the Middle

I really hate being in the middle of uncomfortable situations. The lady I work for fired someone who had worked for her for about two years. This person keeps calling me, I'm not sure how to handle it. I talked to her(my boss) before she fired this person. Nothing I said could change her mind. Was she right to fire him? YES. Do I feel sorry for him, yes, because I know how bad he needs the job. What am I supposed to do about it? I told him he could put me down as a reference when he asked. He was always on time, that's about all I can say, but I feel really bad for him. I hate being in the middle. Now his wife is calling me. How annoying is that? I'm getting to the point where I don't care about him or his wife any more. Before he was fired I did all I could to try to help him keep his job. I have no control over this and he's responsible for his own actions.

Speaking of Work

We reopened yesterday and were so busy! Our regulars were happy to have us back up and running. As much as I've whined about going back to work I was happy to be there.




No comments: