Tuesday, October 02, 2007

One Girl's Trash.....

Is another girl's treasure! A friend--Hi Diana! Gifted another friend--Hey Pam!!! with a box of old cross stitch magazines. This morning Pam and I went through the box to see what magazines we already had and which ones we couldn't live without.

I know what you're thinking, MEOW! Cat fight! Probably better than anything on Rock of Love. Well you're wrong because Pam and I have very different stitching styles. We ran across a few designs we both like but we are very civil. We One Potato, Two Potatoed for them. Very dignified and adult.

I love the Sunflower Sampler to the left and the Quaker, I can't recall if that is in the Best of CS&CC book or not(I have that in the cross stitch library), but I really love the ship sampler, the third from the left. You can't see it but there's a whale in the water. The pilgrim sampler to the far right, I don't know if I'll stitch it but I love those ships in each corner. I think I can figure out a use for them. Thanks Diana! What a fun way to spend the morning.



The generosity of friends never ceases to amaze me. This fabric arrived in my mailbox a few days ago. Thanks Anna! The fabric rocks! Now to find a very special use for it.



It's all Angry Chicken Amy's fault. I started buying Martha Stewart's Everyday Food because Amy kept mentioning it on her blog. I had been very good avoiding this magazine when it first came out. Now I'm hooked. Tonight's dinner is the Country Fried Steak pictured below. I'm making mashed potatoes to go with and will probably make that old staple, green bean casserole along with plain old green beans because I'm search of comfort food right now. Country fried steak and a casserole made with cream of mushroom soup, well that's comfort right there. Also made a Red Velvet cake, thanks a lot Kim-Threadheads Unite! You just had to mention Red Velvet cake the other day! I craved it for several days thinking I could make the mood pass, no way. I love Red Velvet cake. My all time favorite.


Today I was craving chili dogs big time but ever since the dog food scare and discovering that canned chili was canned in the same facility, I have decided that making my own chili would be for the best.
I found these tomatoes already seasoned for chili. Since I'm the only one that even likes chili in my house, this seems a good solution for my chili cravings and it makes a small enough batch that I don't feel guilty making it just for me to put on a hot dog.


Speaking of Rock of Love a few questions for those that admit to watching this GUILTY PLEASURE, how did Rodeo get eliminated? I have missed that episode three different times.
***SPOILER*****(we can hope Blogger keeps a bit of space between this line and the paragraph.)
**************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************
************************************************************************************
What do you all think of Jes winning and Heather's hissy fit? I like Jes. Think she was the most normal and while she came off as boring, she did stay true to herself.


7 comments:

Andrea said...

OMYGOSH, Melissa, I have stitched that sunflower sampler many years ago...what's the date on that magazine?? Anyway, it's framed and hanging in my hallway. I will take a picture of it tomorrow and post it on my blog for you. For INSPIRATION and MOTIVATION you see, lol!
That's just too funny.

Cindy said...

That fabric is way too cool :)

Rodeo got eliminated after a very pathetic episode. The girls had to write a song for Bret, and all she wanted to do was sing about her kids hanging out with Bret's kids. She spent the rest of the episode bawling. Bret felt sorry for her. During elimination, he called her up first, gave her a cowboy hat, and told her he was letting her go home to her kids.

Anna van Schurman said...

I see how you totally forgot to say that the fabric was a BIG Thank You for fulfilling my sister's dream of a skull with ponytails--or at least doing your part.

Also, I highly recommend Rachel Ray's chili dogs. Awesome.

Jacque said...

Love your skull fabric..hilarious!

Rodeo's eliminated sucked. I loved her, but she was extremely home sick!

I thought Heather's rant was freaking hilarious!!!!!!! It's all fun and games until you're the one getting the boot. Jess was the right choice. I knew when he asked that question that Heather was gonna screw it up, she was just too anxious!

I can't wait to see the next version of the show. C'mon Tommy Lee...Kid Rock would be funny too..he's just so out there!

Anonymous said...

Missy, my stitching SIL, can I please, please, please borrow the magazine with the ship and the whale? My friend and I read and loved Ahab's Wife by Sena Jeter Naslund and I would love to stitch that for her!!! Let me know! Audjosh@aol.com Thanks, Becky

Chelle said...

Love the fabric! Enjoy your new stitching mags and the chili dogs.

Suz said...

I adore that fabric!