Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Take the Girl's Camera Please

Here is my finished Carriage House Samplings Sarah Hook: Sarah was completed at approx. 4:30a.m. this morning. She is stitched on an unknown fabric, 32ct is my best guess. I used DMC and stitching 2 over 2 it took 1 1/2 skeins of DMC 844. I may or may not tea-dye this piece. I'm not worried about the fabric deteriation, my family won't be able to sell it at the garage sale following my funeral fast enough.

Now to share my feeble attempt at the "Blair Witch" shot, or why my neighbors hate me. Oh, you knew it was coming:

Ok, I was looking for a spooky graveyard at dawn kind of feel. Unbeknownst to me, with the onset of autumn, 4:36a.m. is no longer dawn it's still pretty much midnight kind of dark. The lighting was achieved with help from my Mighty Bright Craft Light hanging from a tall candlestick holder. What made me grab the Mighty Bright Craft Light, oh could be the fact that the two pictures I took before were completely black. Sometimes my stupidity amazes even me. I should state that when I snapped this pic, it looked much cooler on the screen on my camera.

Below you can see a ghostly kind of appearance surrounding Sarah. Is that an apparition passing in front of the grave stone? More than likely it's some dorky chick's shadow blocking out the light from the Mighty Bright Craft Light.


Added later to ask....is anyone watching Battlestar Galactica? I missed last week's episode. Was Starbuck only pretending to believe in a higher power?

What about Heroes? Anyone watching that show? It's GREAT! I'm so addicted.

3 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Looks great! And lo, another finish. Use the "Distressor" stuff and will it to me! I appreciate it if your family doesn't.

claudia said...

You crack me up! I love to read you r blog, you always give me a chuckle!

Sharon said...

congrats on the finish! I find the morbid saying interesting.