Friday, October 13, 2006
This year my seasonal stitching has been all out of whack. Normally I stitch Halloween and Autumn related things over the summer but this year the summer just kind of flew by and nary a pumpkin or witch has been stitched. I also have a gazillion projects started and after listing them all it was a bit overwhelming and believe it or not I had trouble starting something new. So last week I pulled Carriage House Samplings' Sarah Hook out of the started projects basket and worked on her. All I had completed when I picked this up was the word "and" right there on the second row. The fabric I'm using is strange at least to me. I found it in my fabric drawer and can't remember exactly where I acquired it. It's got what appears to be a white thread running one way and a raw or flax colored thread running the opposite direction. The fabric is thick but not difficult to work on. I believe it's 32ct. After reading through the chart(what a concept) I saw where the model had been tea dyed. I think I will do that to this piece. At first I wasn't thrilled with the thought but this is being stitched on an unknown fabric with DMC, I need to be a risk taker. I don't see how it can hurt the appearance of the piece. I'm hoping for some nice blotchy goodness when it's all said and done. Since it's autumn and Halloween is upon us I thought this tombstone design would fit in with the mood of the season. I have several other tombstone designs in the stash and want to stitch them and scatter them through the house. I have some morbid fascination with them. Love, love, love Kathy Barrick's designs.