Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today has been a nice, quiet uneventful day. Aren't those the best kind? My dinner was a success and my middle son has discovered the joys of cornbread dressing. This kid never compliments my cooking but he loved the dressing. Now I don't have to feel so guilty when I make it because someone else enjoys it too.

Other than forgetting the cool whip for the pumpkin pie I managed not to burn anything or screw it up. I made a mistake and cooked the turkey right side up, I usually cook it upside down because the one year I did that as an accident the breast meat was so moist we started intentionally cooking it upside down. It doesn't come out of the oven as pretty but the white meat is so moist. Since my oven has just recently been repaired I worried about the breast getting burned since the bottoms of muffins have been a little, hmmm, black, I didn't want that to happen to the best part of the turkey. Fortunately I basted it to death and it wasn't the least bit dry.

The boys have been unusually pleasant and QUIET today. Normally that would scare me but all seems well with them so I'm not going to question the peace.

I've been working an ornament from the 2004 JCS Christmas Ornament. Thought I might finish it before bed time tonight but it's taking a little bit longer than I anticipated. I may coffee dye some fabric I have around here for an over 1 ornament I want to try. Over 1 makes me a little nervous because I tend to not pay attention, have a miscount and then have to frog. That is not a pleasant experience over 1, but this is 28ct monaco and I think the over 1 on it should go pretty smoothly. I can't decide if I want to dye it tan first with RIT dye and then overdye it with coffee. I don't want it to be anywhere near antique white, but I'm not looking for a dark brown either. Just a worn kind of look.

I've been reading over some past blog entries the last day or two and I just realized how much I suck at planning projects for gifts. I had a few things I wanted to do for family and well they never got completed. A shawl for my grandmother, it's started but no where near completion, of course her chemo is already finished so I'm not even sure she needs it now. Then again everyone can use a handmade shawl right? Speaking of shawls, I can't wait to see Becky's Hazelnut Latte completed Triquetra shawl. I believe she charted out the pattern herself. But I digress, I also had a few baby gifts on the knitting needles that never saw the light of day, other than the cast on stage. Work really took away a lot of my free stitching/creative time. I'm hoping to wrap up a lot of WIPs over the next few months. There are one or two that I really need to finish, my Fairy Grandmother, a gift for my grandmother, this thing has been in progress for let's see 5, 6, 7 years maybe. Time to really get it out of my house and into hers. She's not getting any younger. For the most part my December project recap is pretty much the same as it was way back then. That is not a good thing. I'm trying to figure out exactly what I accomplished with my stitching in 2005. Yes I'm speaking in the past tense because if anything major sees completion before the end of the year no one will be more shocked than me.

Well disc 6 of Season 1 of The O.C. is calling. After disc 7, since the funding for The O.C. Season 2 is currently on hold, we'll start on Season 1 of Smallville. We scored this for the bargain basement price of $15.

No comments: