Thursday, October 22, 2009

Quickie!

Cleaning is kind of awesome. I can't believe I just wrote those words but under a pile of papers and catalogs and magazines on a shelf I found this:

It's my missing Carolina Handley by CHS. I can't remember when I framed her but it was months and months ago and then I got distracted, must have laid her on the shelf and poof, she disappeared until a pile of crap. I'm working hard to change my evil ways of paper piling, stacking, hoarding. I'm getting better about tossing junkmail the minute it enters the house, but the catalogs and magazines, they are my Achille's heel. I've cut way back on the magazines I buy, and stopped all my subscriptions, except Everyday Food but that was a fundraiser for a friend's son, I mean I had to subscribe to something, and I love me some Everyday Food. Best cooking magazine ever. JMHO of course.

Also while cleaning I found a much beloved yet forgotten WIP. Picture tomorrow, it's yucky here at the moment so no good light.

Don't forget to head over to Missy Ann's and check out the 13 Days of Halloween.

10 comments:

Margaret said...

You're being so good with your cleaning. I need to do that too -- I have the same paper problems. I love your Carolina Handley!

Deb said...

Oh my goodness, what a piece to misplace! I'm glad that you found it and getting the clutter tackled. Perhaps you'd like to declutter my house when you're done. I have the same paper problem.

Missy Ann said...

From where I sit I can see no less than 3 piles o' crap. lol You ain't the only one honey.

Glad the finish showed up! Now hurry and get it up on the wall before it plays hide & seek again.

(love Everyday Food too!)

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Oooh, I hate when things like that happen. I have "lost" things more often than I care to admit because of all the piles I've got everywhere. I'm glad you found Carolina - she might have started haunting you soon. She's wonderfuL!

Anna van Schurman said...

So is this your way of telling me to get off the computer and get the vacuum out. I keep telling myself one more post. I guess this is the last one. You know there are 112 left in my reader, but you are making me stop because there is some gunk on the floor and crap all over. Even I can't stand it any more.

Congratulations. It's like you won the cleaning lottery! I hope I find something half as fab.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries" A.A. Milne 1882 - 1956
(borrowed from Gillie)

or perhaps The Borrowers brought it back?? :-)

Nancy M said...

Great find amongst the crap!!!

Katrina said...

Love your Carolina and your Simply Live :-). Hope the cleaning out is going well.

Siobhán said...

Carolina is wonderful, Melissa... YGG! Cleaning isn't ALL bad, right?! BTW, not sure if I said it here, but your Simply Live is awesome. :)

Brigitte said...

Looks terrific! And the story of how it was found again sounds well known, lol.