Saturday, September 17, 2005

Summer Cold

The last week has been interesting. DH got a staph infection in his left wrist and I came down with a summer cold. I do believe the DH topped me on the sick-o-meter. He came home Monday night with a lump on his wrist the size of a golf ball and red streaks running up his arm. Not a good thing. We took him to the ER thinking it was an infected spider bite only to be told he had a staph infection. They put him on an IV antibiotic, sent him home with two more antibiotics, and some Tylenol 3 for pain. I was a lab tech for years and had only heard of staph infections in the hospital or in nursing homes. Now I have learned that there has been an outbreak of staph over the last year or so. I thought it might be related to the large number of Hurricane Katrina evacuees we have in our area. I'm wondering now if in areas with lots of evacuees if there has been an outbreak of staph infections? DH is loaded down with Purell and Germ-X. So hopefully this will not be a recurring problem. I have the summer cold from hell. I can't seem to shake it and it's making me nuts. Runny nose, fever, chest congestion. Ick! Well for some unknown reason Blogger, my computer, my keyboard, won't let me create a new paragraph. What is up with that? Have my kids changed the setting on the computer? I've pressed every button on here and can't hit enter and go to the next line. Then again I am hopped up on Nyquil so who knows? Wednesday was my 20th Wedding anniversary and it truly sucked. DH was sick, I was sick, we tried to go out and have fun during the day but finally gave up, came home, took some Nyquil and went to bed. We hope to celebrate at another time. To Cara and Jennifer, thanks for the comments. Cross stitch is my first love. I'm a novice knitter and learning as I go, I hope to be able to knit some socks in the near future but haven't had time to sit down and figure it all out. The JCS ornament issue is always fun to look through and get me in the mood for Christmas. Christmas! It's not even Halloween yet! I picked up some Caron Simply Soft Brites yarn this weekend to crochet this Caron International Yarns and Latch Hook Kits afghan. If the link doesn't take you to the pattern, click on Simply Soft Brites, then free patterns, then the Brite Nites Throw. It's a granny square afghan, simple and hopefully quick. I'm in the mood for happy colors and I think working on this will brighten my mood a lot. Quilting has been on my mind a lot too. I have so many ideas and no time to work them out on paper and then with fabric. Very frustrating.

No comments: