Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Tuesdays

Tuesdays are my day off, Mondays too but I slept all day long yesterday. Too hot to do much else. No big plans for the day. May pop in at the LYS and pick up two pair of DPNs for an easy level sock pattern out of Socks, Socks, Socks. "Easy" remains to be seen but I'll need the needles eventually anyway. The boys want to go to the mall. I'm trying to figure out exactly when my sons became fashionistas. They are driving me crazy. What happened to shorts and tshirts? Why do they need 5 pairs of shoes a piece? Why all these pricey designer clothes? They drained my bank account over the weekend and still aren't satisfied with their back-to-school shopping spree.

I'm going on a cross stitch retreat in couple of weeks. I'm so looking forward to seeing some stitching friends and getting away for a few days. No huge plans for the retreat, just friends getting together to stitch and talk and eat. I'm hoping my trip will stay within a very tight budget. The only thing I'm looking to buy if I can find them are the Thread Gatherer Silk N Colors I need for a sampler out of Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly called Little Paradise. I saw this a few years ago and had to stitch it. The threads are just hard to come by around here so if I can find them the weekend of the retreat that will be my one splurge. Other than that I don't plan to spend any money other than on food and the hotel. Well I might spend a little bit more money but I'm fortunate to live close to two LNS so I won't feel deprived if I can go on a spending spree.

No comments: