Monday, May 23, 2005

63 Squares C-A-L Revisited

I've been following everyone's (Doodle-blog, Yarngirl) progress on their 63 Squares CAL and pulled out my squares and decided part of my problem was that I really don't care for the colors I chose. So I thought about what I had here at the house and what colors made me happy and I decided to pull out the trusty Red Heart Kids Lime, RH Bright Yellow, Orange, Lilac(or is it Orchid?) & Pinata(a variegated) and start over. I like these colors and will use Lime as the edging color for all the blocks. I may be making a few trips home to Memphis over the summer since my grandmother is pretty sick, and this would be a good carry along project. I guess I need plastic hooks for the plane? I bought the Crystalline or whatever plastic crochet hook set that Walmart had over the winter so I think I'm set for crocheting on planes or in airports or even at my mom's house. I don't care for the plastic hooks too much though. I like the feel of the Boye hooks better. I guess it's just what I'm used to using. I'll more than likely restart this using the plastic hooks so that my guage will be consistent throughout the project.

I also pulled out Vanna's Favorite Crochet Gifts book over the weekend and plan to kit up Ode to the Amish and Make a Statement. I'm going to kit both of these up using Caron Simply Soft. I thought about using a mix of WoolEase and Microspun, but honestly I can't justify the extra expense when I can get the Simply Soft $1.37 a skein through Herrschnerr's right now. Even with the s&h charges it's still cheaper to use the Simply Soft. The Caron Simply Soft is also a nice yarn, especially for that price.

I tried to readd the CAL button to my side bar but for some reason my computer won't recognise the file. Arrrgghhh! Not in the mood to try to figure it out this morning either.

Wasted Days and Wasted Nights

I hate it when I just throw away a weekend. We did absolutely nothing this weekend. I didn't pick up a needle once. I tried starting the HeartFelt Angels - Beth's Little Star Afghan but I'm having a problem getting started, so I thought I might just do a round ripple and well I'm just not in the mood to work on it at the moment, I think it's my clover bamboo hook-not enjoying it with the Cotton Tots yarn for some reason and can't find my Boye H hook. I didn't want to read, didn't want to go the beach, didn't want to clean. I did manage to do three loads of laundry, but no major cleaning like I had originally planned. I hate it when I get the blahs like this. Seems like days go by and I don't enjoy life and then a few weeks later I can't believe I just threw away precious days feeling icky and not wanting to do anything. Such a waste of a life. I know that sometimes down time, just vegging out, is a good thing but it seems so wasteful. Life is too short to piss it away. Which is what I feel like I did for the last three days. This morning the DH called and wanted me to meet him for lunch but I don't want to. I want to stay here in my messy cave and cry. I don't want to drive anywhere, I don't want to see people, I don't want to brush my hair. I just want to be left alone. I know that all this is very much PMS related and I hate that I let it control my emotions and make me crazy but it does. I've started taking some Super B Complex and Black Cohosh Root so maybe by next month my PMS won't be so severe. I can hope anyway.

Fairy Grandmother Progress

My grandmother, as I mentioned above, is pretty sick. I've been working on Fairy Grandmother for a long time, almost a life time it seems. I need to get it finished. I'm still a long way from having her finished even though I'm beyond the halfway mark. Apparently I did all the easy stuff first because I thought coming into the homestretch stitching all that brown that makes up the forest would be boring, so now I've got a gazillion confetti stitches all over the place. NIGHTMARE! I'm hoping to get her finished soon but I don't know. I'm worried about my grandmother and there is not another human on the face of the earth more deserving of this piece of needlework but at the same time every time I work on it and think about my grandmother I start to cry. This probably has a lot to do with my current mood swing also. Anyway please send some good motivational thoughts my way in the hopes that I can get down to really focusing on this project and get her finished. I need all the good vibes anyone can spare.

No comments: