Monday, March 28, 2005

What I Did During My Four Day Weekend


I managed to finish this:



Didn't finish much else but did managed to complete Birds of a Feather's Peace. So in a creative sense the weekend was a success. Other than that Easter was pretty dull. My oven isn't functioning, haven't had time to get a repair man out so we had the Easter pizza. DH and I determinded that we have to be the two biggest losers around. Who eats pizza for Easter dinner? I have got to take a day and get this oven fixed. I actually miss baking. I never thought I'd say that but I do. Do you know how many things you have to bake to prepare them for dinner? It never ceases to amaze me. It's just hard to give up a day off and wait around the house for a repair person to show up. But I'm going to have to suck it up and sacrifice a day off to get this thing fixed.

Do you have any idea how hard it is for me to drag my sorry butt to work today? I so enjoyed hanging out at home and doing absolutely nothing. NOTHING! I hung out with the kids, watched tv, until I couldn't take the news any more and switched to music, stitched, did some laundry(that never stops), cooked a little, cleaned a teeny tiny bit, and just enjoyed my down time.

Thought I might get a phone call this morning that we couldn't open due to the winds but that is just too much to hope for. It's probably not healthy for me to be hiding out in the house so much either. I need to get out in the world. Yeah, right. The whole job thing is back up in the air again. One decision I've made, after this job comes to an end, I'm going to be an official SAHM again and I will keep the laundry caught up and keep the kitchen floor mopped and I won't take it for granted and I'll be appreciative of the fact that I get to stay home. So I'm planning to hoard up some stash over the next few weeks. I'm going to kit up as much stuff as I can afford. If I'm going to be out of work and poor, at least I'll have something to do. Makes perfect sense right?

No comments: