Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Update from the land of wild Spring Breakers

Not much going on here in my world. Work is busy which is a good thing, the property is on the market which is a bad thing, but I'm in for the long haul. As long as I have a job I'm there, when it's over I go back to the world of SAHMs. I'm looking forward to visiting there hopefully in the not so distant future. Yes, we'll miss the extra money but I'm tired. I don't remember ever being this tired. I'm PMSing, BIG TIME. This month is the worst round of PMS I've had in a long, long time. Seriously. I feel the hormones taking over all rational thought. Scary stuff. The only thing keeping me the least bit sane is knowing that it should all end in the next 3-5 days.

Good News From the Workbasket

I finished up my long overdue RR. I'll scan it before it's sent on it's merry way. Just haven't had the time to scan it yet.

I'm very close now to having House #1 on Carriage House Samplings Houses of Hawk Run Hollow finished. If I'm a good girl maybe I'll get it finished tomorrow before work. If not I have Thursday off and really don't plan to leave the house. Chances are that plan will change but if I stay in the same mood I'm in now, I'm getting the kids out the door to school and crawling back under the covers and hiding there all day. It's a safe place. I may come out for necessities like chocolate which I will purchase on my way home from work Wednesday. I'm telling ya, this week is BAD.

It would make me feel good to get House #1 finished so I can move on to House #5. Not sure it will alleviate any hormonal imbalances but it would definitely lift my spirits.

I'm getting ready to work on some Granny Squares. I need to figure out how many of each color scheme I need. At one time I had all the info written down and I thought stored with the already crocheted granny squares in their plastic shoe box but nope, not there. So I need to sit down, refigure how many squares I need to crochet and in what mix of colors. I think it's like 104 but I don't think I want the afghan that big. I'm in the need of some bright cheery colors so my wild, tropical, peyote, & groovy granny square afghan might fill that need.

Kitten Sadness

Ok my momma cat had kittens about 5 weeks ago. How can I give them away? There is no one that will love them as much as we do. Last night I woke to a pile of kittens next to me in the bed. I gently put them in the kitty condo, they all came back curled up next to me. I gently put them all on the floor, an hour later they are back in the bed with me. They are so sweet. It would break my heart to find out their lives weren't as happy somewhere else. What am I going to do? I can't keep nine cats. It's insane. They break my heart. They warm my heart. What if their momma misses them? I never thought it was possible, I never dreamed cats felt like family but the stray momma cat I took in a year ago along with her two kittens, she still gives one of the kittens a bath every day. This kitten is over a year old. They love each other, the mother cat still sees Sabrina as her baby. It moves me every time. What if Holly aches for her children? She won't have more because she's getting fixed as soon as they are finished nursing but I can't separate this family. I know I'm a nut. Unfortunately these feelings have nothing to do with PMS. They have to do with me being a crazy animal lover who takes in any stray and then can't part with them. My kids say we aren't giving them away either and in the same breath call me the crazy cat lady. I say they are the crazy cat kids.

No comments: