Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Haven't blogged in a while, had problems accessing Blogger but the problem was with my computer. I cleaned up the hard drive and here I am.

Haven't had too much to write about anyway. Things are dull and boring around here. I'm currently reading Rita Mae Brown's Mrs Murphy mystery series. Can't decide if I like them or not but I keep reading one right after the other. They are a nice distraction and the characters are likeable.

Stitching

Recently I've been trying to finish up a needlebook for a swap. I just realized last night that I've been using the wrong color GAST so I'll have to frog a little before I can turn it into a needlebook. I'm hoping to make a pocket in the front of the book to hold a pair of scissors but I think I'm reaching. This process might be above my skill level but it seems pretty straightforward, but how many times have I said that and it then comes back to bite me?

I put the first stitches into CHS Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. I had planned to stitch it all in DMC because I can't justify the expense of the silks and now I'm rethinking it and wanting to use silks. I could buy them for each block but then I think what if I finish a block and then don't have the colors I need for the second block? I'm such a spazoid sometimes. I want all the silks now or I don't want to use them at all.

I'm trying to finish up my Gemstone/Black Single crochet afghan using three strands of yarn and a Q hook I created a longer foundation chain than I intended and this is going to be one honkin' big afghan. It'll be nice this winter though.

I want to get some sock yarn and participate in the sock CAL over at Crochetville.

I haven't had a lot of time to spend crocheting or stitching lately. I'm almost sorry I have a job now. Not a lot of free time. I like the money and right now it's really coming in handy but I realize now how much I took all my time at home for granted.

Right now my goal is to purchase some luxury items I've been obsessing over for a while like these Pistoulet dishes.

I also want to buy a computer Armoire, hope I spelled that correctly. I found one at Walmart for under $100. Looks nice and will really clean up the computer area in the living room.

Also on the list are school clothes for the boys. Back-to-School time is right around the corner. We go back in early August.

I'm working hard to clean up some UFOs and long term projects so that I can get my stitching and crocheting under control. I'd just feel so much better if I could finish anything, one little flippin' thing. I know I only have myself to blame, but now it's time to get it under control.

Fortunately DH has a ball game tonight, DS#2 doesn't have basketball practice so I plan to order pizza for dinner, frog the swap piece and hopefully get it restitched this evening and maybe I'll be able to get it made into a needlebook this weekend. That's my goal and I hope to stick to it.



No comments: