Thursday, March 06, 2008

Simple Pleasures


Just call me the Bobbinator. The first craft box I pulled down, brand new, had a cracked bottom. Bummer.



Salvadged wicker, I am not kidding, two chairs, side of the road, now on my front porch along with ideas for cushions. Thank you 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns by Jan Eaton and Vintage Crochet by Susan Cropper and the finally found a use for it Red Heart stash. Surely it can handle afternoon sun and harsh temperatures if only for one summer. That's probably how long these exceptionally pretty and in perfect condition junk chairs will survive. It's amazing what people decide is no longer functional. Just call me Fred Sanford.


Best ever......


6 comments:

Kim said...

Hey Fred! SCORE on the chairs!!! Wooohooo!!!! Can't wait to see your cushions!!!!

Unknown said...

These articles are fantastic; the information you show us is interesting for everybody and is really good written. It’s just great!! Do you want to know something more? Read it...: Cheap Bedroom Furniture

Michelle said...

Your pink thread looks so pretty! And I just love Firefly!!

Unknown said...

Firefly and Stitching - the two best things ever. We watched the Saffron episode last night....

claudia said...

I love the "recycled" chairs. It remeinded me about a time a year or so ago, when I was driving downt the street a little ways from my house. There was a desk out in someone's yard witha free sign on it. The desk was just the right size for my daughter's room. So we picked it up. We took out old bigger desk out to the front, put the same free sign on it and and hour later someone picked it up. later that week we saw another piece of furniture up the street in the other direction with the same free sign on it. We didn't get a chance to follow the progress, but it sure made me happy to see the progression of that sign. It was fun in an odd kind of way. (Now there is a name for it...freecycling!)

Ana's World said...

I have a chair that looks somewhat similar in my sewing room. Wicker chairs are pretty and they make me feel like a lady... Congrats on your TREASURE find.