Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Update

From the land of backed up septic tanks, crashed laptops and the world's most beautiful beaches. I prefer the latter description and will try to prove it with pictures tomorrow. The first two are killing me. The laptop is repaired or should I say system restored, lost all my pictures but hope that most of them are backed up on the desktop with the power supply problem. To ease the pain of the last few stress ridden days, I bring you some critter cuteness. Below you see Polly Prissypants and Little Bit. They are BFF except when Polly has Little Bit's head in her mouth trying to play. She tends to get a wee bit rowdy with the Little Bit. Yes, my yard is sand and I'm three miles from the beach. It beyond sucks, but last year's drought and a malfunctioning irrigation system wiped out what was left of the grass. Because I don't cope well with stress(of the backed up septic tank kind), discipline goes right out the window, I started a new cross stitch project. Below you see a BBD freebie, First Offerings. I'm stitching it with DMC 310 on 28ct white monaco and plan to coffee stain it when I'm finished.

I was very lucky this morning and scored one of the five remaining Mailorder #5s from Amy at
angry chicken. I wanted this mailorder big time yet due to all kinds of things happening around the time it was released it slipped my mind. I love the sampler Amy designed for this Mailorder and love that a popular crafty blogger has discovered the charms of cross stitch. So thanks Amy!Now maybe more folks will be turned onto how cool cross stitch really is. Seriously.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

septic back up

*shudder* You've earned the right to start all the projects your little ol heart desires. After the septic guy gets paid of course...

Margie said...

Your babies are so cute! I love the BBD you are working on. I can't wait to see it's progress.

Lucy said...

Hey, when I'm feeling stressed (and even when I'm not)...I got straight for the cross stitch and/or yarn!!!