Thursday, August 27, 2009

Not Enough Hours in the Day

Thanks everyone for the comments on Cape Cod Girls, aka Gulf Coast Girls. I'm always nervous to change up a design but this worked out better than I expected.

For some exciting news and you all probably know this already, I'm honored to be the guest blogger over at Anna's blog, Stitch Bitch. Thank you so much Anna for asking me to participate in your I Love This Project series. I wish we could have hooked up when I was in your part of the country a few weeks ago.

School started back down here on Monday and it's been a busy week. My 13 yr old did real well back out in the human world. He's spent most of the summer on XBOX Live, his headset and iPhone his means of communication and I was relieved that he didn't confuse any of his teachers with killer zombies. I'm thinking 8th grade is going to be a good year. He's regretting not signing up for football when he was in the throes of XBOX fever, and he may still be able to play, but I'm thinking he may have decided too late that real sports should trump the virtual world. A hard lesson for him and I think he'll make better choices next time.

Is it wrong of me to be glad I don't have to spend every afternoon at the practice field and every Saturday at football games? It wasn't awful last year but I was secretly relieved when he said none of his friends were playing this year and he was a little concerned he might be thrown in with the older boys because he's at that odd age, a little old to be a Mighty Mite but maybe just a pound over where he needs to be which would shove him in with 16 and 17 yr olds which is probably just a little bit terrifying. That's one of the reasons we didn't shove him out the door with cleats and pads in hand, we want him to enjoy playing and a 13 yr old that is only one pound heavier than he needs to be doesn't necessarily need to be on the field with kids that outweigh him fifty to a hundred pounds.

In stitching news I'm working on Primitive Needle's Icabod Seabury. Was going to post a progress pic but it's stormy down here and there's really not much to see but some wicked cool 36ct swamp fabric from PTP and a bit of the border stitched in Belle Soie Noir. This is my first experience using silk and it's kind of nice. I mean seriously, that thread just slips through the linen like butta!

That's all the news from here, hopefully some crafty pics tomorrow. I want to get back into a regular blogging routine.

5 comments:

Missy Ann said...

Nope not wrong of you at all. And the whole 1lb thing would make me think twice too. Lucky for me the worst that'll happen to my kid is a stabbing lol (he fences).

Lurv! Icabod, I'm looking forward to your pic.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

I completely understand your relief! Looking forward to a pic of Icabod!

Margaret said...

Makes sense to me on your 13year old. I wouldn't want him playing with older kids either -- no way! School starts for my son next Wednesday -- he's still saying goodbye to all his friends who are going off to college for the first time. Poor thing! Saw your post at Anna's. Nice!

Deb said...

I know where you're coming from with the football thing. My son has played but took this year off. Am I relieved - you bet 'cha. Looking forward to an Icabod progress pic.

Siobhán said...

I would be relieved, too. I love it when the kids are involved in things but it's always nice to not have to schlep them to all the games & practices! Can't wait to see a pic of Icabod.