Friday, July 13, 2007

Scary Friday the 13th!

Okay Friday the 13th isn't so scary, you haven't met my kids! Tonight we are doing the whole Friday the 13th movie marathon. I bet we're the only ones that thought of that!


Old School:

The other day I went to the library in search of some fresh audiobooks. What I found on the shelves were all the books they had on tape. Fine with me but my family was going nuts with me blaring them from the home stereo. I decided to dig around in the garage and see if I could find my old Sony Walkman. No where to be found. I must have trashed it when I discovered the joy that is the iPOD. So I pop into the store who shall not be named in search of a cassette walkman. I felt a lot like Brendan Fraser's character, Adam, from the movie
Blast from the Past (1999). Believe it or not as you can see in the above photo, I found a cassette walkman! Never expected to find one. I was very, very excited. I forgot how much I missed the sound of the tape swooshing through the reels of the cassette player. Comfort let me tell ya.

What was I doing while listening to a book on tape? Why working on Sonne Spotte.

I'm trying to get as much of the outline cross stitching done as along as I can stand it so I can save the filling in for times when I don't want to pay a lot of attention to what I'm stitching. I'm so addicted to this piece of needlework it's just wrong. I don't want to put it down.
I didn't work on it last week because of out of town family visiting. Here are a few random shots:



The child wanted me to take a picture of her with a fry in her mouth. I thought she was Julie the Mermaid but no she's just Laney at dinner. She performed a whole water ballet at the pool where she was Julie the Mermaid, the spousal unit was the evil mermaid monster who turned good when he was under the spell of her powerful mermaid dance. No, really.


Number 1!



My niece said to my middle son as I was taking this picture, "Come on Jack, scoot closer, pretend you like me for a minute!"




Sweetest baby girl in that room!




4 comments:

Cindy said...

You *are* listening to an Evanovich book on your new walkman, so that is cool :)

Michelle said...

I love Evanovich! Enjoy your walkman! Sonne Spot is looking amazing, I am getting more and more tempted by this piece.

Anonymous said...

Great family pics!! Thanks for sharing. Hey, I remember when the Sony Walkman first came out! Technology's come a long way, hasn't it?

Andrea said...

You are making great progress on your Sonne Spot, keep it up!

Hey, I remember when having a Walkman was kewl! YGG.