Sunday, October 20, 2019

Stitching Life Update October 2019

Hey y'all!

I can't believe I was able to access my blogger account. It's been so long since I have blogged. I miss it. I know Floss Tube is the new blogging but I enjoy writing and way back in 2004 when I created my blog Musings From a Three Bedroom Ranch I just wanted a reason to write every day. It gradually became a place to share my stitching. We all know how solitary the stitching life is with ony  a little X as a companion and we are very fortunate if we meet real life like minded humans to with whom to share our obsession.

I struggled with a new name for the blog since we no longer live in a three bedroom ranch. Not sure if that actually matters but it felt wrong now. On January 30, 2015 we closed on our very first home and in an all honesty we couldn't believe it actually happened from the moment we got the news that the home we rented for thirteen years was going to be sold, to looking at the price of rentals, to checking the spousal unit's credit score. One day while waiting on someone to take care of some personal business my husband and I sat in a restaurant and decided maybe we should just try to buy a house, the clock was ticking and we had to do something. I mentioned that our former neighbor was now in the mortgage business and I didn't mind her knowing our deepest, financial secrets. It was the best decision we ever made. We looked at six houses and the last one was on a whim. It was the one. I had wanted more land or to take a chance a new county but this house was one road over from our neighborhood and the price, the location, it was just the right house at the right time. The fact that everything, EVERYTHING fell into place at that moment in time was nothing more than serendipity. That word seems to be used often in the world of blogs, it's a great word. Pretty and lyrical. I got out my thesaurus and settled on Fortunate Happenstance. It feels right, so here I am. How about a little...

Stitching Update

This month I have had three finishes but one of my pictures has disappeared from my computer. Weird. I will share these two and now have a reason to blog again!

Minerva by Kathy Barrick
18ct aida, coffee/tea dyed by me
DMC threads

Halloween Cat by Satsuma Street
28ct Monaco dyed by me using RIT dye
I think the color is denim but I'm not sure
DMC thread
 
I'm hoping for another finish before the end of the month. I have so many WIPs so it feels good to get a few moved out of the WIP pile into the "waiting to be FFO'd pile". That pile is out of control too but the WIP pile is insane.
 
Blogger seems like it should be easier but I'm kind of confused with the template and layouts and need to figure out how to clean up all my links that are no longer relevant or need updating. I will save that for another day while I see if this post actually posts.
 
It feels good to be writing again and I will bring this post to a close while I continue to figure this new blogger out and I hope to continue posting and writing because I have missed it so much. I love Instagram for sharing pictures but blogger allows me to write and ramble and muse and the space to obsess.
 
 
 


2 comments:

Jeannine520 said...

Hey, nice to see you blogging again. Congratulations on your new house and lovely finishes.

Donna said...

Welcome back!